Thursday, August 31, 2017

Parting Ways

One day I was on the way to work reflecting on what God had been speaking to me that morning.  As I was reflecting, I heard God say, “Parting Ways.”  Departing can bring about different levels emotions.  All of it would be based on your attachment to it.


If you have ever been in a relationship or married, you know that after years of disagreements and conflicts; parting ways is one alternative that will bring peace in the home.  Have you ever had a job that you loved and you were forced to quit because of obligations that were demanding your time at home or loved ones you had to take care of?  If God is orchestrating the parting of ways for your life, then it will carry a greater level of discomfort because you may not know why He is requiring you to move on.  This is where many people get stuck.


God requires us to move and flow with Him like how water flows downstream.  It is not until God requires it from you that you begin to realize how attached to that position, title, function, business and/or ministry you became.  We find ourselves feeling a sense of loss in our identity, because all of who we are got lost in that position.  Have you ever lost a loved one?  When a spouse, sibling or parent dies, the loss can hurt greater because whatever you did with that person every day, you can no longer do.  You think about how they made you laugh, or what you all did for each other or those intimate times together that now is gone.  Parting ways carries a sense of lost because no matter the level of importance that is attached to that position, business, ministry, title and/or function – it is now over.


I remember my last job when God spoke, “Make this your last school year.”  I was gun hoe until someone said, “You should pay your bills off and save money in the bank.”  All that made sense, so that is what I began to do.  Needless to say, I never made enough money to do that, so when the end of the school year came; I did not leave.  August was the beginning of the next school year and God showed me a vision that I was leaving that year.  I told God, “No I’m not, because I don’t live with my mother and I didn’t have any money saved and had bills.  This now became my argument of why I didn’t obey God.  By September, a prophetic word came forth and the spirit of God was on me like a coat.  My mind could not compute leaving my job when I had NO MONEY.  Long story short, after I prayed and asked God to help me, He showed me I was going to get fired for something I didn’t do.  I told God I did not want to go out like that.  He said, “I gave you 3 opportunities to leave and you would not.”  Two days later, I was fired.


When God requires something from us, it requires parting ways with what you have right now to get to what He is bringing you into.  If you were pursuing a new job, you would have no problem leaving your current job because you want out.  If you are mad or don’t like going to your current church, then you would start pursuing another church and leave because you found better.  The difference is that YOU pursued the reason why you left these places.  When God requires you to PART WAYS, it is because He is positioning you for your next assignment and it has nothing to do with you being tired or not liking that current position, business, ministry, title and/or function.


If you are ever going to increase in ALL that God wants to bring you into, it will require a death before the increase.  The parting of ways or death is designed to remove the dross in our lives that has built up from time in our positions; before God can release the next increase.  Hurts, disappointments, fear, a sense of identity and importance (pride) can start to form and lodge in our soul and we not realize it until God requires us to part from it.  Do you find it difficult to do what God has been urging you to do, or maybe you are second guessing or compromising and have justifying thoughts going through your head?  Start looking within and see what the real issue is.  Like myself, I have to divorce myself from all of what God has done in my life, so I can prepare for the next thing that God has already released, but hasn’t shown up in the natural yet.


Many missed moments occur right here.  When you feel like where you are isn’t working anymore – but you don’t see anything else opened yet; then that is God positioning you for what He has already prepared for you.  When God speaks, He speaks from the realm of what IS; but in the natural it hasn’t manifested yet.  If you do not know how to prepare yourself based on what He is saying and not what you are seeing; then you will miss moments and begin to wander in the wilderness.


When God calls you to part ways, it will cause you to go into a place of mourning.  Trust me, I am there with you.  Mourning and grief are natural emotions that brings an inner release from the thing you were attached to.  If you are going to obey God and stay in sync with Him, you must mourn the thing He wants you to give up.  He is not trying to punish you, but prepare and position you for the next increase and wave of blessings that is being released to you.  You can’t hold so tight to a title, business, ministry, friends, positions or title; that God can’t get you to release it.  If that is the case, now you are dealing with a demonic hold on your soul AND God saw it before you are feeling it.


You must mourn all the things that were familiar in that season; like your routine, friends and patterns.  You will be amazed of things that we subconsciously attach our self-worth to.  If you need to cry, then cry.  If you need to be quiet, then be quiet; but when it is all said and done, PART WAYS from what God said is now OVER!


I love you all and know that I’m the first partaker of every word God has called me to release.  These are not just blogs, but prophetic utterances from God’s blueprints that becomes the road maps to position you for what the Father is releasing.

Karen Presley | CEO | Pastor | Author

Books by Karen will Inspire you to LIVE and Challenge you to CHANGE | Amazon

Last 3 workshops for the year – click link to view | EventBrite


Metamorphosis Coaching Program – click HERE to see how we can assist YOU